Wednesday 23 July 2008
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry.
Step Brothers, directed by Adam McKay, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 2008!
Which were the important events of 23 July 2008 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Kurt Furgler: Swiss politician 70th President of the Swiss Confederation (d. 2008).
- Prime Minister of Nepal Girija Prasad Koirala submits his resignation to the new President Ram Baran Yadav to pave the way for the forming of new government. (Zee News)
- Militants who formed the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta announce that unless the Nigerian Army withdraws from the area and their development demands are met, they will shut down oil and gas production from Bonny Island. (AP via Google News)
- The European Union suspends payments to two Bulgarian agencies due to concerns over corruption and organized crime. (BBC News)
- Hurricane Dolly makes landfall on South Padre Island, Texas, with sustained winds of 95 mph (150 km/h). (NHC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2008 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?