Sunday 23 June 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1929.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1929 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Donn F Eisele: American astronaut (d. 1987).
- Ted Lapidus: French fashion designer.
- June Cash: Country Singer.
- Mario Ghella: Italian pro cyclist who competed in road races and won the Gold Medal in the London Olympics in 1948.
- June Carter in Maces Spring: Virginia, USA; country singer (Johnny Cash Show).
- William Lee: American civil engineer and CEO of Duke Power. A live-wire kind of guy, Lee enjoys water and snow skiing when away from the office. He has a BS in Civil Engineering.
- Dave King: Twickenham, England -- Comedian (Kraft Music Hall)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?