Sunday 23 June 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tom Brown's School Days, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1940 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Stu Sutcliffe: British artist and musician, a painter and bass player for The Beatles at their formation in 1960.
- Adam Faith: England, United Kingdom -- Singer (Poor Me, What Do You Want?).
- Derry Irvine: Baron Irvine of Lairg Scottish lawyer judge and politician Lord High Chancellor of Great Britain.
- Mike Shrimpton: New Zealand cricketer and coach (d. 2015).
- Stuart Sutcliffe: original Beatles bassist, dies of brain hemorrhage at age 21.
- Alexander Irvine: British politician; Lord Irvine of Lairg. It was Irvine who had the distinction of introducing Cherie Booth to Tony Blair in May 1976; they later married and became the First Couple in the UK.
- Diana Trask: Australia -- Singer (Sing Along With Mitch)
- Simon Hobday: Mareking, South Africa -- PGA golfer (1994 US Senior Open)
- Lord Irvine of Lairg: Scottish Lord Chancellor of Great Britain
- Wilma Rudolph: American runner and winner of all the prizes for sprinting in the Olympic Games of 1960, setting world records. Achieving the Gold Medal in Field and Track and three Gold Medals in a single Olympiad.
- Marcel Louette seeks opposition group White Brigade on Antwerp
- RAF bombs Schiphol
- World War II: German leader Adolf Hitler surveys newly defeated Paris in now occupied France.
- United States politics: The Republican Party begins its national convention in Philadelphia and nominates Wendell Willkie as its candidate for president.
- WWII: Vichy France signs armistice terms with Italy.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?