Friday 23 June 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Bathing Beauty, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1944!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1944 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Joanne Wickenburg: American professional astrologer whose study began in 1969, a full-time pro from 1972.
- Steve Golly: American homicide victim, shot to death by his son Chris on 2/22/1994, shortly before 1:14 AM, at which time a family tenant called the police.
- Ingrīda Andriņa: Latvian actress (d. 2015).
- Rosetta Hightower: American-English singer (The Orlons) (d. 2014).
- 4 tornadoes strike Appalachia, killing 153
- Russian offensive in central front sector
- Four tornadoes strike Appalachia, killing 153.
- Thomas Mann becomes a US citizen.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1944 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Straighten Up And Fly Right - Andrews Sisters
- Arsenic And Old Lace - Jerry Jerome
- Behind Those Swinging Doors - Spike Jones
- She Broke My Heart In Three Places - Hoosier Hot Shots
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?