Sunday 23 June 1946
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Russ Thacker in Washington DC and Ted Shackelford in Oklahoma City.
Dead of Night, directed by Cavalcanti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Lights Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1946 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Russ Thacker in Washington DC: USA; producer (Golden Seal).
- Ted Shackelford in Oklahoma City: Oklahoma, USA; actor (Dallas, Knots Landing).
- Julian Hipwood: English polo player and coach.
- Ted Shackelford: American actor.
- The 1946 Vancouver Island earthquake strikes Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 June 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Doin' What Comes Natur'lly - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?