Monday 23 June 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Brute Force, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1947 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Bryan Brown: Ausralian actor whose international breakthrough role was in "Breaker Morant" in 1980.
- Compton and Bill Edrich make 370 stand for 3rd wkt vs. South Africa
- US President Harry Truman's veto of Taft-Hartley Act overridden by Congress.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?