Wednesday 23 June 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
A Foreign Affair, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1948 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Clarence Thomas: American jurist and associate justice of the Supreme Court the center of a nomination controversy when a former employee, Anita Hill, came forward to relate a sexual harassment story to the Senate committee ruling on his appointment.
- Nigel Osborne: Composer.
- Myles Goodwyn: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (April Wine).
- Luther Kent: American singer (Blood Sweat & Tears).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?