Friday 23 June 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Destination Moon, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1950 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Sally Geeson: Sussex, England -- Actress (Bless This House).
- Nicholas Cleobury: English organist and conductor.
- Swiss parliament refuses voting right for women
- Yanks and Tigers hit record 11 HRs, Tigers win 10-9
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?