Monday 23 June 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
The Bravados, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1958!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1958 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Edvard Armas Jarnefeldt: Composer, dies at 88.
- Dutch Reformed Church accepts women ministers
- Foundation Praemium Erasmianum (Erasmus Prize) established
- The Dutch Reformed Church accepts women ministers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Bobby Freeman - Do You Want To Dance
- Nat King Cole - Looking Back
- Jan and Arnie - Jennie Lee
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?