Tuesday 23 June 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
Darby O'Gill and the Little People, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1959 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Danny Sharp: Hamilton, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1986 Quinte Festival).
- A fire in a resort hotel in Stalheim (Norway) kills 34 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- The Coasters - Along Came Jones
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?