Tuesday 23 June 1959
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Sharp .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Battle Of New Orleans by Johnny Horton.
In UK Roulette by Russ Conway was in the top 5 hits.
Darby O'Gill and the Little People, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1959!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1959 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Danny Sharp: Hamilton, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1986 Quinte Festival).
- A fire in a resort hotel in Stalheim (Norway) kills 34 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Horton - The Battle Of New Orleans
- Lloyd Price - Personality
- Bobby Darin - Dream Lover
- Paul Anka - Lonely Boy
- Wilbert Harrison - Kansas City
- Martin Denny - Quiet Village
- Freddy Cannon - Tallahassee Lassie
- Dion and the Belmonts - A Teenager In Love
- The Coasters - Along Came Jones
- Connie Francis - Lipstick On Your Collar
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?