Thursday 23 June 1960
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donald Harrison and Tatsuya Uemura.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Cathy's Clown by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Three Steps To Heaven by Eddie Cochran was in the top 5 hits.
Elmer Gantry, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Comedy Spot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1960!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1960 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Donald Harrison: American saxophonist composer and producer.
- Tatsuya Uemura: Japanese composer and programmer.
- Pat Boone Show, last airs on ABC-TV
- Japan signs security treaty with the US
- The Japanese prime minister, Nobusuke Kishi, announces his resignation.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown
- Connie Francis - Everybody's Somebody's Fool
- Jack Scott - Burning Bridges
- Jimmy Jones - Good Timin'
- Bobby Rydell - Swingin' School
- Hollywood Argyles - Alley-Oop
- Anita Bryant - Paper Roses
- Ron Holden - Love You So
- Jeanne Black - He'll Have To Stay
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?