Sunday 23 June 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kari Takko and Colin Montgomerie.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Sukiyaki by Kyu Sakamoto.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Ivan's Childhood, directed by Andrey Tarkovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die fünfte Kolonne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1963!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1963 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Kari Takko: Uusikaupunki, Finland -- Hockey goalie (Team Finland).
- Colin Montgomerie: Colin Montgomerie is a Scottish professional golfer.
- Wesley Warren: Jr.
- 63rd US Golf Open: Julius Boros shoots a 293 at The Country Club, Massachusetts
- President Kennedy tours West-Europe
- The Enchanted Tiki Room attraction opens in Adventureland at Disneyland. This is the first attraction with sophisticated Audio-Animatronic figures, 225 of them.
- New York Mets' Jimmy Piersall, hits his 100th home run, he circles bases backwards.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kyu Sakamoto - Sukiyaki
- Lesley Gore - It's My Party
- Barbara Lewis - Hello Stranger
- The Dovells - You Can't Sit Down
- Bobby Vinton - Blue On Blue
- The Crystals - Da Doo Ron Ron (When He Walked Me Home)
- Nat King Cole - Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days Of Summer
- Bill Anderson - Still
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
- The Chiffons - One Fine Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?