Tuesday 23 June 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Trent Bushey in Haverhill and Joey Allen in Fort Wayne.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to A World Without Love by Peter and Gordon.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1964 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Trent Bushey in Haverhill: Massachusetts, USA; actor (David Rampal - All My Children).
- Joey Allen in Fort Wayne: Indiana, USA; rock guitarist (Warrant-Cherry Pie).
- Dominique Mottier: French race horse trainer and jockey, a harnessed trot racer who is the son of Gérard Mottier and the brother of Patrick-Marc.
- Joss Whedon: American producer, director, and screenwriter.
- Lou Yun: Chinese gymnast.
- Nicolas Marceau: Canadian economist and politician
- Gen Maxwell Taylor appointed US ambassador in South Vietnam
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 June 1964
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Bad To Me
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?