Friday 23 June 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Derrick Walker and Laurie Wood.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coronet Blue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1967 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Derrick Walker: NFL tight end (KC Chiefs).
- Laurie Wood: Orange, California -- Playmate (March, 1989).
- Helen Geake: British archaeologist.
- Valérie Dissaux: French racehorse owner and trainer based in Lamorlaye.
- Jean-Olivier Brosseau: French race walker, who was affiliated with Sèvre Bocage AC during his career.
- LBJ and Alexei Kosygin hold 1st of 2 summit meetings in Glassboro, New Jersey
- Jim Ryun sets mile record of 3:51.1 (Bakersfield, California).
- John Entwistle of the rock group Who weds Alison Wise.
- US Senate censures Thomas J Dodd (Democrat-Connecticut) for misusing campaign funds.
- US President Lyndon Johnson and Alexei Kosygin hold first of two summit meetings in Glassboro, New Jersey.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- The Association - Windy
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Spanky and Our Gang - Sunday Will Never Be The Same
- The Grass Roots - Let's Live For Today
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?