Friday 23 June 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cory Schlesinger and Larry Whigham.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to The Candy Man by Sammy Davis Jr..
In UK Vincent by Don McLean was in the top 5 hits.
Duck, You Sucker, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching El Chavo del Ocho.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1972!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1972 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Cory Schlesinger: NHL running back (Detroit Lions).
- Larry Whigham: NFL safety (NE Patriots).
- Roell Preston: NFL wide receiver (Atlanta Falcons).
- Zinedine Zidane: French footballer who is widely regarded as one of the best players of all time, now retired.
- Selma Blair: American actress.
- Elton Britt: country singer (Saturday Night Jamboree), dies at age 54.
- Nixon and Haldeman agree to use CIA to cover up Watergate
- President Nixon signs act barring sex discrimination in college sports
- Hurricane Agnes is costliest natural disaster in American history.
- Watergate Scandal: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon and White House Chief of Staff H. R. Haldeman are taped talking about using the Central Intelligence Agency to obstruct the Federal Bureau of Investigation's investigation into the Watergate break-ins.
- 45 countries leave the Sterling Area allowing their currencies to fluctuate independently of the British Pound.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Gallery - Nice To Be With You
- The Staple Singers - I'll Take You There
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- The 5th Dimension - (Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All
- The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?