Friday 23 June 1978
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frederic Leclercq and Memphis Bleek.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Heaven Can Wait, directed by Warren Beatty, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Scruples by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Everyday Maths.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Race - Spin-out - Cryptogram (Europe) Speedway / Spin-out / Cryptologic (US) or Sargon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1978!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1978 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Frederic Leclercq: French bassist (DragonForce).
- Memphis Bleek: American rapper.
- Frédéric Leclercq: French singer-songwriter and bass player (DragonForce and Heavenly).
- Matt Light: American football player and sportscaster.
- Panamá recognizes the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
- Yemen Arab Republic President Ahmad al-Ghashmi is killed.
- The Gay Lesbian Solidarity March is held in Sydney, Australia to mark 10th Anniversary of the Stonewall Riots (which later becomes the annual Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras later incorporating a festival).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing
- Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
- Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want
- ABBA - Take A Chance On Me
- Carly Simon - You Belong To Me
- The O'Jays - Use Ta Be My Girl
- Sweet - Love Is Like Oxygen
- Bob Seger - Still The Same
- Peter Brown - Dance With Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?