Monday 23 June 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Viva La Vida by Coldplay.
WALL·E, directed by Andrew Stanton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, Jeffrey Zaslow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 23 June 2008 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 June
- Malaysia releases Buhary Syed Abu Tahir, a leading business associate of Pakistani nuclear scientist A. Q. Khan. (BBC News)
- The Supreme Court of the United States refuses to hear an appeal of eminent domain eviction notices in connection with the Atlantic Yards development in Brooklyn, New York City. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- The European Union agrees to new sanctions against Iran including a freeze on the assets of Bank Melli, Iran's largest bank, over the refusal to curb its nuclear program. (Reuters via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Zimbabwean Electoral Crisis:
- The United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice questions the legitimacy of the upcoming presidential election and calls for relevant bodies such as the African Union and the United Nations Security Council to consider the issue. (Reuters)
- The United Nations Security Council condemns the Government of Zimbabwe for a ampquotcampaign of violenceampquot. (AP via Google News)
- The 2008 Wimbledon Championships begins in London. (TSN via Canada.com)
- 2008 Pacific typhoon season: Typhoon Fengshen in the Philippines
- An additional 28 survivors from the MV ''Princess of the Stars'' are found but there are still more than 800 missing from the vessel that sunk during Typhoon Fengshen. (Reuters)
- An Australian air safety group claims that Yogyakarta International Airport was operating illegally with no valid license at the time Garuda Indonesia Flight 200 crashed, killing 21. They also accuse two other airports of similar violations and three official bodies of keeping it from public knowledge. (Crikey)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?