Tuesday 23 June 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
My Sister's Keeper, directed by Nick Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Video Games AWESOME!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny or Big Brain Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 2009!
Which were the important events of 23 June 2009 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 June
- Longtime Johnny Carson announcer/sidekick (The Tonight Show for 30 years) Ed McMahon dies at age 86 in California; host of Star Search from 1983 to 1995, co-host of Bloopers and Practical Jokes from 1982 to 1986, and emceed game shows Missing Links, Snap Judgment, Concentration, and Whodunnit!.
- United Kingdom Commons speaker John Bercow breaks with tradition by abandoning the traditional court dress worn by his predecessor Michael Martin. (''The Times'')
- Boeing delays the first test flight of its lightweight jet, the 787, because of stress found where the wings attach to the sides of the plane. (''The New York Times'')
- The French National Assembly announces the beginning of an inquiry into whether women in France should be allowed to wear the burqa. (CNN)
- Ukraine sets 17 January 2010 as the date for the next presidential election said to be crucial for its future direction. (''The Moscow Times'')
- 2009 Iranian election protests:
- The Guardian Council rules out a re-run of the presidential election saying that there was no sign of serious electoral fraud in the June 12 vote. (Al Jazeera)
- Iran accuses U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon of meddling in its affairs after he urged the Islamic state to stop its crackdown on opposition protesters. (Reuters)
- Four international footballers – Ali Karimi, Mehdi Mahdavikia, Hosein Ka'abi and Vahid Hashemian are ampquotretiredampquot from the sport after their gesture in a football match against South Korea in Seoul. (''The Guardian'')
- The United Kingdom orders the expulsion of two Iranian diplomats after Tehran orders two UK diplomats to leave Iran. (BBC)
- Attacks on Romanians in Northern Ireland
- President of Ireland Mary McAleese tells Strasbourg that the racist attacks in Belfast are ampquotdistressing and sickeningampquot. (RTÉ)
- In the New York State legislative deadlock, Senate Democrats lock themselves into the Senate chamber due to a refusal to accept Pedro Espada as Senate President. (The New York Times)
- Russian President Dmitry Medvedev meets Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Cairo at the start of a four-day trip to Africa. (BBC)
- The government of Antigua and Barbuda dismisses its chief financial regulator, Leroy King, following claims of a collaboration with Allen Stanford. (''The New York Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?