Saturday 23 March 1901
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Codfishing with Trawl, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1901
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1901.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1901!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1901 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Jan H de Groot: Dutch resistance fighter / co-founder (Free Netherlands).
- Andr? Alibert: St-L? physician.
- Thomas Lethbridge: British explorer, archaeologist, parapsychologist and author.
- Giles Healey: American astrologer, explorer and archaeologist who discovered the Mayan ruins of Bonampak.
- Dame Nellie Melba, reveals secret of her now famous toast.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1901 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Ma Blushin' Rosie - S. H. Dudley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1901?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?