Thursday 23 March 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Bushranger's Ransom, or A Ride for Life, directed by E.J. Cole, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1911 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Fran?ois Binoche: Paris 6?me Military man.
- Augustus John: "Gus" Risman rugby league player.
- Charles Joseph: A Russhon US Air Force Lieutenant Colonel/liaison (James Bond films).
- Richard Chapman golfer (1940 US amateur: 1951 British amateur).
- Denis Wright: diplomat.
- Edward Warner: diplomat.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Grizzly Bear - American Quartet
- Enrico Caruso - For You Alone
- I'm Looking for a Nice Young Fellow Who is Looking for a Nice Young Girl - American Quartet & Ada Jones
- The Dublin Rag - Ada Jones
- The Old Oaken Bucket - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1911 and get them!