Saturday 23 March 1912
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Margaretaa ajetaan takaa, directed by K.E. Sthlberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1912!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1912 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Wernher Braun: German-American rocket expert and pioneer in space technology.
- Alfred Schwarzmann: Germany -- Gymnist (1936 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Werner von Braun: Wirsitz, Germany -- Rocket expert (I Aim at the Stars).
- Jeff York: American actor, reliable for a consistent performance in character roles.
- Eleanor Cameron: Canadian-American author and critic (d. 1996).
- Neil McCorkell: English-South African cricketer and coach (d. 2013)
- Wernher von Braun: Rocket Scientist (V1 / V2), dies at 65 of smoking
- Dixie Cup invented.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1912 and get them!