Friday 23 March 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include H C Allen and Patricia Burke.
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1917 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- H C Allen: American historian.
- Patricia Burke: Milan, Italy -- Actress (Forbidden).
- Johnny Guarnieri New York City: New York, jazz pianist (Morey Amsterdam Show).
- Rodrigo Facio Brenes: Costa Rican lawyer, teacher, economist and politician.
- Armando Testa: Italian executive and advertising director whose work is well-known and often quoted.
- Tornadoes kills 211 over 4 days in Midwest US
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- What Do You Want to Make Those Eyes at Me For? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Yaddie Kaddie Kiddie Kaddie Koo - Van & Schenck
- Hawaii and You - James F. Harrison & James Reed
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?