Friday 23 March 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1917 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Rodrigo Facio Brenes: Costa Rican lawyer, teacher, economist and politician.
- Armando Testa: Italian executive and advertising director whose work is well-known and often quoted.
- H C Allen: American historian.
- Patricia Burke: Milan, Italy -- Actress (Forbidden).
- Harry Allen: English historian (d. 1998).
- Kenneth Tobey: American actor (d. 2002)
- Johnny Guarnieri New York City: New York, jazz pianist (Morey Amsterdam Show).
- Tornadoes kills 211 over 4 days in Midwest US
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- What Do You Want to Make Those Eyes at Me For? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Yaddie Kaddie Kiddie Kaddie Koo - Van & Schenck
- Hawaii and You - James F. Harrison & James Reed
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1917 and get them!