Sunday 23 March 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Ingeborg Holm, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1919!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1919 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- William Starnes: American military, major general, served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam.
- Michael Lyne: British air Vice-marshal.
- Carl Graffunder: American architect and educator (d. 2013).
- Jean HL Bossard actor/impresario (2 Orphans): dies at age 45.
- Bashkir ASSR, in RSFSR, constituted.
- In Milan, Italy, Benito Mussolini founds his Fascist political movement.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Till We Meet Again - Nicholas Orlando's Orchestra
- After You've Gone - Billy Murray & Gladys Rice
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1919 and get them!