Tuesday 23 March 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Sex, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1920 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Neal Smith: American pilot lawyer and politician.
- Tetsuharu Kawakami: Japanese baseball player and manager (d. 2013).
- Neal Smith (Representative-Democrat-Iowa: 1959-).
- Jimmy Edwards: comedy actor (Barnes).
- Geoffrey Bush: composer.
- Perserikatan Communist of India (PKI) political party forms.
- Admiral Horthy declares that Hungary is a monarchy without anyone on the throne.
- The German government asks France for permission to use its own troops against the rebellious Ruhr Red Army in the French-occupied area.
- Irish War of Independence: The Black and Tans special constables arrive in Ireland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet
- Tents of Arabs - Conway's Band
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Fred Van Eps (as Van Eps Trio)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1920 and get them!