Sunday 23 March 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Godfrey and Bette Nesmith Graham.
Beau Brummel, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1924!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1924 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Peter Godfrey: Chartered accountant.
- Bette Nesmith Graham: American inventor (d. 1980).
- Florian Camathias: Swiss motorcycle champion racer; the best sidecar-pilot in the world.
- Peter Hjort: Norwegian professor of medicine and politician of the Labour Party.
- Rodney Cook: Sr.
- Bette Graham: American inventor invented Liquid Paper (d. 1980)
- Olga Kennard: English crystallographer and academic
- John Madin: English architect (d. 2012)
- Bjørn Andersen: Norwegian professor of quaternary geology and glaciology (d. 2012)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Little Butterfly - John Steel
- Arcady - Al Jolson
- Tain't Nobody's Bus'ness if I Do - Clarence Williams' Blue Five
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?