Saturday 23 March 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Coquette, directed by Sam Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1929!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1929 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Albert H Crews: Astronaut.
- Gerrit den Braber: Dutch composer / producer.
- James Ackley Maxwell: Actor / director (Traitors, Pyt Potter, Otley).
- Nusrat Bhutto: Iranian-Pakistani political figure.
- Eugene Thomann: France sport Champion.
- Sir Roger Bannister: English runner
- Roger Bannister: England, United Kingdom -- 1st to run a 4 minute mile (May 6, 1954)
- Michael Manser: English architect and engineer
- 1st telephone installed in White House
- First telephone installed in White House.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1929 and get them!