Wednesday 23 March 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Tarzan the Ape Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 23 March 1932 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 March 1932 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
See other famous people born on 23 March
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1932?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Sir John A. Simon -- Mar. 21, 1932
- Science: Science vol. 75 issue 1942
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Colonel Clarence Young -- Mar. 14, 1932
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Nobel Laureate Pearl S. Buck’s epic Pulitzer Prize-winning novel and Oprah Book Club selection about a vanished China and one family’s shifting fortunes.Though more than seventy years have passed since this remarkable novel won the Pulitzer Prize, it has retained ...
Charles Morgan's "The Fountain" by now needs little introduction, having won overwhelming praise, from the best critical minds in England and America.The scene is Enkendaal, the castle of the van Leydens, a Dutch family of ancient lineage.
Second in the trilogy that began with The Good Earth, Buck's classic and starkly real tale of sons rising against their honored fathers tells of the bitter struggle to the death between the old and the new in China.
A saga of Jewish working class life in 1920's Manchester.
Tell the world why 23 March 1932 is such a special date for you!