Friday 23 March 1934
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Rydell in New York City and Bryan Bass.
Death Takes a Holiday, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1934 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Mark Rydell in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Havana, Punchline, Long Goodbye).
- Bryan Bass: headmaster (City of London School).
- Ludvig Faddeev: Russian mathematician and physicist.
- Fernand Gignac: Canadian singer and actor (Born 1934).
- Mark Rydell: American actor director and producer.
- US Congress accepts Philippines independence in 1945.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?