Saturday 23 March 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Knew Too Much, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1935!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1935 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Desmond Pitcher: CEO (Merseyside Development Corporation).
- Lucien Aimé-Blanc: French police officer.
- Barry Cryer: British actor who began as a comedian and segued into one of Britain's top comedy scriptwriters.
- Florence Moore: American actress (Born 1886).
- Signing of the Constitution of the Commonwealth of the Philippines.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?