Sunday 23 March 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Rhodes in Poughkeepsie and Elizabeth Scarborough.
The Farmer's Daughter, directed by H.C. Potter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Show Business, Inc..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1947 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Barbara Rhodes in Poughkeepsie: New York, USA; actress (Don't Just Stand There).
- Elizabeth Scarborough: American author.
- Archduchess Luise of Austria: Princess of Tuscany (Born 1870).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?