Tuesday 23 March 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Gleeson and R J Bennett.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1948 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Michael Gleeson: Otolaryngologist.
- R J Bennett: FBA / geographer.
- Chantal Lauby: French film actress and director, screenwriter, and humourist (member of "Les Nuls" with Farrugia and Chabat), particularly known for her role in "Serial (Bad) Weddings".
- Wasim Bari: Pakistani cricketer.
- Marie Malavoy: German-Canadian educator and politician.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sabre Dance - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- I Love You, Yes I Do - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?