Tuesday 23 March 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Gleeson and R J Bennett.
Paisan, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1948!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1948 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Michael Gleeson: Otolaryngologist.
- R J Bennett: FBA / geographer.
- Chantal Lauby: French film actress and director, screenwriter, and humourist (member of "Les Nuls" with Farrugia and Chabat), particularly known for her role in "Serial (Bad) Weddings".
- Wasim Bari: Pakistani cricketer.
- Marie Malavoy: German-Canadian educator and politician.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sabre Dance - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- I Love You, Yes I Do - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?