Wednesday 23 March 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karen English and Ric Ocasek in Baltimore.
The Set-Up, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Believe It or Not.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1949!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1949 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Karen English: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Arizona).
- Ric Ocasek in Baltimore: Maryland, USA; rocker (Cars - "Double Life", "All Mixed Up", "Bye Bye Love", "You Might Think").
- Roland Lee: American artist.
- Jim Geddes: American athlete, a professional baseball player.
- Ric Ocasek: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Cars).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1949 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Forever and Ever - Russ Morgan & His Orchestra
- Perry Como - Forever and Ever
- A - You're Adorable (The Alphabet Song) - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
- Cruising Down the River - Frankie Carle & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?