Thursday 23 March 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Stage Fright, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1950!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1950 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Corrine Clery: Paris, France -- Actress (Moonraker, Yor).
- Corinne Clery: French actress.
- Corinne Cléry: French actress and model, also known as Corinne Piccolo.
- Hubert Schoemaker: Dutch biochemist and CEO in charge of Centocor, a hotshot biotech company.
- Joseph Connolly: English journalist and author.
- Anthony De Longis: American actor stuntman and choreographer
- Phil Lanzon: English keyboard player and songwriter (Uriah Heep)
- Ahdaf Soueif: Egyptian author and translator
- Great to Be Alive opens at Winter Garden Theater NYC for 52 performances
- UN World Meteorological Organization established
- Sophocles Venizelos forms liberal Greek government.
- 22nd Academy Awards: All the King's Men, Broderick Crawford and Olivia de Havilland win.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?