Friday 23 March 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Mast and Lis Howell.
The Red Badge of Courage, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Martinsville, U.S.A..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1951!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1951 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Dick Mast: Bluffton, Ohio -- Nike golfer (1990 Mississippi Gulf Coast).
- Lis Howell: director of programs (GMTV).
- Dick Mast in Bluffton: Ohio, USA; Nike golfer (1990 Mississippi Gulf Coast).
- Julie Holmes: American skater, the winner of many championship awards.
- Ron Jaworski: American football player and sportscaster.
- Phil Keaggy: American guitarist (Glass Harp and Love Song)
- Adrian Reynard: English businessman founded Reynard Motorsport
- Wages in France increase 11 percent.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?