Monday 23 March 1953
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bo Diaz and Louie Anderson in Minneapolis.
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Hitch-Hiker, directed by Ida Lupino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Eye Witness.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1953 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Bo Diaz: Venezuelan baseball player (d. 1990).
- Louie Anderson in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; comedian (Ratboy, Wrong Guys).
- Geoffrey Clifton-Brown: British Member of Parliament.
- Chaka Khan [Yvette Marie Stevens] in Great Lakes: Illinois, USA; rocker (Rufus - "I'm Every Woman").
- Chaka Khan: American successful black singer and songwriter consistently noted in the field of black music.
- Jacques Landrain: Belgian cartoonist. He died on 18 March 2009.
- Bo Díaz: Venezuelan baseball player (d. 1990)
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw: Indian zoologist and businesswoman
- Raoul Dufy: French artist, a painter who was one of the major artists of the Fauve group and considered a master draftsman.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?