Friday 23 March 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Alexander the Great, directed by Robert Rossen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1956 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Jeremy Wade: English biologist and author.
- Laura Thorne: chef (named one of ten best American chefs).
- Jose Manuel Barroso: Portuguese politician.
- Serena Grandi: Italian film actress with not much talent but a great shape, launched as a sex symbol.
- Julia Glass: American author and winner of the 2002 National Book Award for "Three Junes," her first novel, Glass is the older of two girls.
- José Barroso: Portuguese academic and politician 115th Prime Minister of Portugal
- Andrew Mitchell: English soldier and politician Secretary of State for International Development
- Pakistan proclaimed an Islamic Republic in Commonwealth (National Day)
- Sudan becomes independent
- Pakistan becomes the first Islamic republic in the world. (Republic Day in Pakistan)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?