Sunday 23 March 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Serena Grandi [Fagioli] and Bengt-Ake Gustafsson.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
Run Silent Run Deep, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stahlnetz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1958 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Serena Grandi [Fagioli]: Bologna, Italy -- Actress (Miranda).
- Bengt-Ake Gustafsson: Swedish ice hockey player and coach.
- El Duce: American singer and drummer (The Mentors) (d. 1997).
- Etienne De Wilde: Dutch cyclist who raced in the Atlanta Olympics 1996, placed 24th in the race-to-points.
- Bengt-Åke Gustafsson: Swedish ice hockey player and coach.
- Eldon Hoke: American drummer and singer (The Mentors and The Screamers) (d. 1997)
- Michael Sorich: American voice actor director and screenwriter
- Hugh Grant: Scotland-born business executive
- Florian Znaniecki: Polish/US sociologist/philosopher, dies at age 76.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- The Four Preps - 26 Miles (Santa Catalina)
- The Crescendos - Oh Julie
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The Silhouettes - Get A Job
- The Walk - Jimmie McCracklin
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- Little Richard - Good Golly, Miss Molly
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?