Sunday 23 March 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Tequila by The Champs.
In UK Magic Moments by Perry Como was in the top 5 hits.
Run Silent Run Deep, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1958!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1958 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Bengt-Åke Gustafsson: Swedish ice hockey player and coach.
- Eldon Hoke: American drummer and singer (The Mentors and The Screamers) (d. 1997).
- Michael Sorich: American voice actor director and screenwriter.
- Hugh Grant: Scotland-born business executive.
- Bengt-Ake Gustafsson: Swedish ice hockey player and coach.
- Serena Grandi [Fagioli]: Bologna, Italy -- Actress (Miranda)
- El Duce: American singer and drummer (The Mentors) (d. 1997)
- Etienne De Wilde: Dutch cyclist who raced in the Atlanta Olympics 1996, placed 24th in the race-to-points.
- Florian Znaniecki: Polish/US sociologist/philosopher, dies at age 76.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Champs - Tequila
- Elvis Presley - Don't
- The McGuire Sisters - Sugartime
- The Silhouettes - Get A Job
- Perry Como - Catch A Falling Star
- The Four Preps - 26 Miles (Santa Catalina)
- Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
- The Crescendos - Oh Julie
- The Walk - Jimmie McCracklin
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1958 and get them!