Monday 23 March 1959
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Room at the Top, directed by Jack Clayton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1959 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Catherine Keener: American actress and producer.
- Epic Soundtracks: English drummer and songwriter (Swell Maps Crime and the City Solution and These Immortal Souls) (d. 1997).
- Philippe Volter: Belgian actor and director (d. 2005).
- Gregory Godzik: American homicide victim of John Gacy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- Thomas Wayne - Tragedy
- The Fleetwoods - Come Softly To Me
- The Bell Notes - I've Had It
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Ricky Nelson - Never Be Anyone Else But You
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?