Wednesday 23 March 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oscar Michael Moore and Terry Sweeney in Saint Albans.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Theme From A Summer Place by Percy Faith.
In UK Running Bear by Johnny Preston was in the top 5 hits.
The Cranes are Flying, directed by Mikhail Kalatozov, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pony Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1960!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1960 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Oscar Michael Moore: Journalist.
- Terry Sweeney in Saint Albans: New York, USA; writer/comedian (Saturday Night Live).
- Raphael Ferrer: American noted family, the son of Rosemary Clooney and husband Jose Ferrer.
- Patrick-Marc Mottier: French race horse jockey, the son of Gérard Mottier.
- Nicol Stephen: Scottish politician, a Member of Parliament elected 11/07/1992 to replace Alick Buchanan-Smith, who died 8/29/1991.
- Haris Romas: Greek actor composer and screenwriter
- Explorer (8) fails to reach Earth orbit
- Explorer 8 fails to reach Earth orbit.
- Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev meets French president Charles de Gaulle in Paris.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Bobby Rydell - Wild One
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Dinah Washington - Baby (You've Got What It Takes)
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- The Platters - Harbor Lights
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?