Thursday 23 March 1961
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Crisp and Steve Holmes.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Surrender by Elvis Presley.
In UK Walk Right Back / Ebony Eyes by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
One-Eyed Jacks, directed by Marlon Brando, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Last Of The Just by Andre Schwarz-Bart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales of Mystery.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1961!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1961 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Roger Crisp: English philosopher and academic.
- Steve Holmes: Romanian-American porn actor and director.
- Helmi Johannes: Indonesian journalist and producer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Connie Francis - Where The Boys Are
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- The String-A-Longs - Wheels
- The Everly Brothers - Ebony Eyes
- The Everly Brothers - Walk Right Back
- Buzz Clifford - Baby Sittin' Boogie
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?