Saturday 23 March 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay by Otis Redding.
In UK Cinderella Rockefella by Esther & Abi Ofarim was in the top 5 hits.
Stay Away, Joe, directed by Peter Tewksbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1968!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1968 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Damon Albarn: English musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and record producer.
- Mike Atherton: English cricketer and journalist.
- Mitch Cullin: American novelist.
- Fernando Hierro: Spanish footballer and manager.
- Erki Pehk: Estonian conductor and educator.
- Michael Atherton: English cricketer
- Mark Maddox: linebacker (Buffalo Bills).
- David Maeva: Canadian Football League linebacker (British Columbia Lions).
- Pierre Palmade: French humorist, actor, and comedian, known for playing unpleasant characters in his sketches. He married Véronique Sanson in 1995 and divorced (2001). Then he decided to come out about his sexuality.
- Edwin O'Connor: American novelist and Pulitzer Prize for Fiction winner (Born 1918).
- Rev Walter Fauntroy, is 1st non-voting congressional delegate from DC
- Reverend Walter Fauntroy is first non-voting congressional delegate from Washington DC.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Dionne Warwick - (Theme From) Valley Of The Dolls
- The Monkees - Valleri
- 1910 Fruitgum Company - Simon Says
- The Delfonics - La - La Means I Love You
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- First Edition - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
- Sam & Dave - I Thank You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?