Friday 23 March 1973
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Train by The O'Jays.
In UK Cum On Feel The Noize by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
Devil in Miss Jones, directed by Gerard Damiano, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1973!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1973 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Jerzy Dudek: Polish footballer.
- Wim Eyckmans: Belgian race car driver.
- Kevin Northcutt: American wrestler.
- Patiparn Pataweekarn: Thai actor and singer.
- David Vaughn: American football player, a forward who finished his Rookie season in 1996.
- Igor Nikitin: Hockey defenseman (Team Kazakhstan Olympics - 1998)
- Rob Lazeo: CFL offensive tackle (Saskatchewan Roughriders)
- David Vaughn NBA forward (Orlando Magic: San Francisco Warriors).
- Jason Kidd NBA guard (Phoenix Suns: Dallas Mavericks).
- Kathy Carboy in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; diver (Olympics-1996).
- Ninya Perna: Miss Nevada-USA (1997).
- Naoko Sawamatsu in Nishinomiya: Japan; tennis star (1994 Singapore).
- Delphine Batho: French Socialist Party politician. She was France's minister of ecology, sustainable development, and energy between 21 June 2012 and 2 July 2013. She had to leave the government because she openly critized the government and the budget restrictions for her own ministry. She was previously named ministre délégué at the French Ministry of Justice. She was elected to the National Assembly of France from the 2nd constituency of Deux-Sèvres on behalf of the Socialist, Radical, Citizen, and Miscellan
- Jason Kidd: Basketball Player
- Ken Maynard: Actor (Phantom Rancher, $50, 000 Reward), dies at 77.
- Yoko Ono is granted permanent residence in US
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Watergate scandal (United States): In a letter to Judge John Sirica, Watergate burglar James W. McCord Jr. admits that he and other defendants have been pressured to remain silent about the case. He names former Attorney General John Mitchell as 'overall boss' of the operation.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Neither One Of Us (Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye)
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Four Tops - Ain't No Woman (Like The One I've Got)
- The Stylistics - Break Up To Make Up
- Dr. Hook - The Cover Of Rolling Stone
- Anne Murray - Danny's Song
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1973 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?