Saturday 23 March 1974
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Dark Lady by Cher.
In UK Billy, Don't Be A Hero by Paper Lace was in the top 5 hits.
The Three Musketeers, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1974 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Eric Washington: American basketball player: guard, Nuggets.
- Randall Park: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Scott Galyon: linebacker (New York Giants).
- Tony Alberda Dutch soccer player (SC Heerenveen: Emmen).
- Delphine Alzieu: French homicide victim.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Elton John - Bennie And The Jets
- Blue Swede - Hooked On A Feeling
- John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders
- Cher - Dark Lady
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- Carly Simon - Mockingbird
- Paul McCartney - Jet
- Mocedades - Eres Tu (Touch The Wind)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1974 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?