Tuesday 23 March 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jose Raul Contreras and Los .
In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Love Rock 'N Roll by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts.
In UK The Lion Sleeps Tonight by Tight Fit was in the top 5 hits.
Porky's, directed by Bob Clark, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tuesday Night Fights.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cave of the Word Wizard or Legionnaire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1982!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1982 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Jose Raul Contreras: Chilean footballer.
- Los : Rapper.
- José Arrau: Chilean footballer.
- Andrea Musacco: Italian footballer.
- Evgeni Striganov: Estonian ice dancer.
- Guatemala military coup under General Rios Montt, President Romeo Lucas flees.
- Guatemala's government, headed by Fernando Romeo Lucas Garcia is overthrown in a military coup by right-wing General Efrain Rios Montt.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'N Roll
- Journey - Open Arms
- Go-Go's - We Got The Beat
- Stevie Wonder - That Girl
- Air Supply - Sweet Dreams
- Olivia Newton-John - Make A Move On Me
- The J. Geils Band - Centerfold
- Vangelis - Chariots Of Fire - Titles
- Buckner & Garcia - Pac-Man Fever
- The J. Geils Band - Freeze-Frame
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?