Sunday 23 March 2008
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love In This Club by Usher.
In UK Mercy by Duffy was in the top 5 hits.
The Voyeur, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 2008!
Which were the important events of 23 March 2008 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 March
- Rafael Azcona: Spanish author and screenwriter (d. 2008).
- US soldier death toll in the Iraq war reaches 4000, after five years of fighting.
- Farouk Abdulhak, prime suspect in the murder of Martine Vik Magnussen, turns up in Yemen. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- U.S. military casualties in the Iraq War reach 4,000. (CNN)
- An agreement on talks to resolve the Fatah-Hamas conflict is reached in Sanaa, Yemen. (Washington Post)
- Kimi Räikkönen of Finland wins the Malaysian Grand Prix in Sepang. (BBC News)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?