Saturday 23 May 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Resa Stockholm-Göteborg genom Göta och Trollhätte kanaler, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1908!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1908 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Annemarie Schwarzenbach: Swiss writer, journalist, photographer and traveler.
- Hélène Boucher: French pilot (d. 1934).
- Paul Dozois: Canadian politician (d. 1984).
- Pierre Minet: Billy-Montigny physician.
- Helene Boucher: French pioneer pilot of the '30s who set seven world records and was called the "fastest pilot in the world.
- H?l?ne Boucher: Paris 14?me Military man
- Max Abramovitz US architect (Lincoln Center: United Nations Building).
- Raymond Legrand: French composer and director, mostly known for his film music. He was married two times and had alltogether five children with three women. He died on 25 November 1974.
- John Bardeen: American physicist, a researcher of super-conductivity and solid-state physics. Working at Bell Laboratories in New Jersey, Bardeen was a member of the team that developed the transistor. For this work, he shared the 1956 Nobel Prize in physics with American physicists William Shockley and Walter H. Brattain. In 1972 he shared the Nobel Prize in physics with American physicists Leon N. Cooper and John R. Schrieffer for the development of a theory to explain superconductivity. He was the first sc
- Francois Coppee: French poet and novelist (Born 1842).
- Part of Great White Fleet arrives in Puget Sound, Washington
- Dirigible explodes over San Francisco Bay, 16 passengers fall, none die.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?