Tuesday 23 May 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Boris Kremenliev and Melvin M.
The Moth, directed by Urban Gad, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1911!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1911 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Boris Kremenliev: composer.
- Melvin M: Payne president (National Geographic Society).
- Lou Brouillard: Canadian boxer (d. 1984).
- Paul Mayer: German Roman Catholic Cardinal (d. 2010).
- New York Public Library building at 5th Avenue dedicated by President Taft.
- The New York Public Library is dedicated.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 May 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Aida - Duet, Act IV: Aida a Me Togliesti (Aida Thou Hast Taken) - Enrico Caruso
- I Love It - American Quartet
- Gems from Babes in Toyland - Victor Light Opera Co.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?