Wednesday 23 May 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The End of St. Petersburg, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1928 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Jean Markale: French writer, poet, radio show host, lecturer and high school teacher who lived in Brittany.
- André Schwarz-Bart: French novelist of Polish-Jewish origins.
- Jeannie Carson: English-American actress and singer.
- Pauline Julien: Canadian singer-songwriter and actress (d. 1998).
- Nina Otkalenko: in USSR; 800 metre runner (9 world records).
- Nigel Davenport: British actor, after having worked as a disk jockey. His films include "Look Back in Anger," 1959, "Chariots of Fire," 1981 and "Caravaggio." He plays character lead and supporting roles on the British stage, TV and film, typically as tough characters and often in pivotal roles. He first entered films about 1959. In 1984, he appeared in "Greystoke."
- Rosemary Clooney: American band singer, pretty, likable, popular for many years and a huge hit in the '50s. She traveled from 1947 on tours and club gigs, albums and sell-out concerts. Her mellifluous voice is dear and familiar with novelty numbers to ballads, show tunes and cabaret.
- Rosemary Clooney in Maysville: Kentucky, USA; singer/Coronet paper towels spokeswoman.
- Bomb attack on Italian embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina; 22 die.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?