Wednesday 23 May 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Malcolm Gill and Robert Moog.
Mother, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1934!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1934 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Malcolm Gill: deputy head (Bank for International Settlements).
- Robert Moog: American businessman invented the Moog synthesizer (d. 2005).
- Wallace Carothers manufactures first nylon (polymeer 66).
- Texas and Louisiana state police shoot to death notorious criminals Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow near Sailes, Louisiana. The Barrow Gang was believed responsible for the deaths of 13 people, including nine police officers.
- The Auto-Lite Strike culminates in the ''Battle of Toledo'', a five-day melee between 1,300 troops of the Ohio National Guard and 6,000 picketers.
- Tomáš Masaryk is re-elected president of Czechoslovakia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?