Wednesday 23 May 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Prowler, directed by Joseph Losey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1951!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1951 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Anatoly Karpov: Russian chess grandmaster and former World Champion.
- Anatoli Karpov: USSR -- World chess champion (1975-85).
- Judy Rodman in Riverside: California, USA; country singer ("Girls Ride Horses Too").
- Antonis Samaras: Greek politician.
- Tibetans sign the Seventeen Point Agreement for the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet with the People's Republic of China.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1951 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - Mister and Mississippi
- Rose, Rose, I Love You - Buddy Morrow & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?